My first 60 days

My first 60 days
Where I came from...and the direction I am heading!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My recent Journey...and some results

When I came out f the house last time....I did so in an odd mood. Oh it wasn't anything wrong at home, I am just not used to rolling out on a Sunday. But that seemed to begin the avalanche of excuses. For weeks, I had been following the Isagenix nutrition plan...eating carefully and exercising  everyday.

Actually, my run began in a very promising way...I did my longest jog to date on my first day out on the road. But I found it a lot easier to say "just this one extra" or "Ok, pizza today and I will be better tomorrow". One day became 2 weeks...and I found myself eating more...but still exercising...and not feeling really great.

And then I looked at me....I was losing the gains I had made...and I was scared to step on a scale.

For those who don't know me, I was in the Army Reserves and I was over weight then too. If you weigh more than authorized you must weighed and get taped every drill weekend. I am about as phobic as a person can be about even stepping on a scale...knowing I am screwing up makes it worse.

Finally, on Sunday 16 June I stepped on the scale...just to know how bad off I was. I was at 267...so I had gained 3 pounds. So, I focused on doing the best I could for the rest of the week.

I was not perfect...but I was close. I worked hard and spent a fair amount of my time reminding myself that this was do-able and remembering what I had accomplished so far...which was quite a bit, honestly. And then my cleanse days came...Friday and Saturday.

For some odd reason Friday and Saturday seem to be the best days to do a cleanse. I even had a bit of a disagreement with an Nurse friend of mine (Who is a dear friend!! And we will agree to disagree sometimes)...over cleansing...I think I won...but I at least drew on it. Cleansing is NOT starvation....anymore than giving a patient, who has a "nothing by mouth" order, an IV for sustenance is starving them.

So I did my two day cleanse. And during the week I exercised everyday...the last three days (Fri thru Sun) were a 6 mile walk, a 4.7 mile walk and 45 minutes on machines (25 on an elliptical and 15 on a recumbent bike and 5 minute of weights) for a total of 6.8 miles.

My results...267 to 255...in a week. And since my last official report...a release of  9 pounds and 9 inches. Now, I don't suggest that everyone can get these results. One thing about Isagenix is that when your body is ready, the weight will fall off...but one must trust the system to feed the body so the body can do the miracles that it was designed to do.

I also got my recent blood work back from the Doctor....

Test                                                 2010                         2011
Cholesterol                                      155                           123
HDL                                                42                              35
LDL                                                102                            75
Triglycerides                                   127                            47
Glucose                                           118                            92

Add to this that my Blood pressure has dropped from about 137/86 to 111/70 in the past three months....the program is working.

I began this journey at 319 pounds....today I am 255. I can walk further than I have in a long, long time...and I can even jog. I am looking forward to taking my new pair of new balance running shoes for a spin when I get home again.

So what did I learn??

1. Stick to the plan...a celebration is great, but is a one meal event...not a week long gorge.
2. Remind myself "why"
3. Don't give up....even when you know you done wrong you can go back and do better.
4. Don't beat yourself up...exercise is better
5. Learn your numbers....and get used to knowing them. Any change you make will show up in you blood work before it will show up externally....know your numbers.

For anyone interested in Isagenix...check out my website www.richardwkennedy.isagenix.com

Or you can post on here...I would love to tell you how miracles like this can happen to you.

Safe travels

1 comment:

  1. Richard, you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing this. Keep up the awesome work! Bel

    ReplyDelete