My first 60 days

My first 60 days
Where I came from...and the direction I am heading!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chutes and Ladders

When I started my Journey along the path to a healthier me I met two types of people. Type 1 are the folks who were and are supportive...and like me see nothing but success on the road ahead. The second type are those who can come up with a number of reasons why this won't work. Of course they have the standard prediction that "you are not always going to lose weigh that fast". Some would say they are jealous...I think a few are mis-guided...and some are just unhappy.

Now the reason that these people always make that prediction is simple...it's true. You will slow down at some point, if you are a healthy, normal person. So Dah...yeah...not exactly Carnak.

In a real way, trying to lose weight is an adult version of "Chutes and Ladders"...some days you are climbing and climbing and so proud of where you have gotten to...and there is the chute that brings you back to normal. I see a journey as anything but a straight line...it's gonna have detours...it's gonna have obstacles.

In the past two weeks, I have had a detour....I actually gained 3 pounds. And it's not the end of the world. I had not faced a problem like this in awhile....and not on Isagenix. So, lets look it how this moron gained weight...(once again) Dah...Pizza...junk food...a couple of hamburgers. I also decided a couple of days to take a break from exercise. Now, was it noticable...not really to anyone else...but it was to me.

So, what did I learn? I feel better when I stick to the plan...have my nutrition from Isa products and healthier meals and snacks. While I will have pizza again...I have a goal to meet before I may have some. I also learned a very basic and important lesson; it was not the food...it was me. The path to success has more to do with me being disciplined and less with counting anything.

So I hit a chute....slid for awhile...and I found a rung and grabbed. I hung there while I got a reminder of where I want to be...and started climbing again. The last three days have had 1 hour walking or running sessions.

So, in the spirit of being " Dire warning, if I can not be a good example"....slides will happen...but don't give up...remember what got you here...realize you are human...and that yes, tomorrow is a new day. Start again....and climb for your goal....just like I am.

Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment